Powered by Blogger.

Do Things That Scare You

 
Here's to another first!

My first actual seminar/conference that I've attended was Livelihood Exchange 2016 and Mindanao ICT Cluster Conference (Oct 10-11). I didn't hesitate on attending this event because I know it will benefit me in the future. This event is about networking, consulting, and experience. I have learned a lot from all of the inspiring speakers.
I very much enjoyed the presentation of Ms. Eloisa about employment and graduate attributes, and Mr. Andrew Wong about innovation and success, and most of all Mr. Nicholas Luff about not giving up and dreaming big. As a student, these topics hit me the most and caught my hundred percent attention and motivated me to strive harder.

After all, I've learned a lot from different CEOs and Founders. Truly, they've gone through a lot and one thing that they're similar with is, they didn't give up no matter how hard it is to get to the destination they wanted to be destined. 

DO THINGS THAT SCARE YOU

I faced two of my fears recently. Public speaking and talking to influential people. It was overwhelming but at the same time, I felt proud of myself. I was beyond anxious throughout the conference, I'm not gonna lie. Thank goodness, my friends were there to keep me company and gave me encouragement.

Public speaking, this is a fear that I keep on working on and yet I know I haven't overcome. I keep reminding myself that what's important is, I take those baby steps to conquer my fear and will never give up until I get to the point where I no longer get nervous before making a speech in front of a lot of people. Or until I become a speaker at a seminar/conference. Dream big. 

Recently this year, I was assigned to be the host of Mr. and Ms. BSBA Pageant 2016. It was an honor and opportunity to contribute to that baby step I've been working on my entire life. To be honest, I wasn't anxious nor scared of what could happen during my preparation, until I walked out the stage and saw lots of students, profs, and visitors in front of me. It was terrifying. I know I did my best and I offered my 100% effort, voice, and physical pain from wearing a more than 5 inches heels. Above all, it was a great experience that I will cherish.

Influential people were invited to attend the Livelihood Exchange 2016 and Mindanao ICT Cluster Conference such as CEOs, Founders, Head, Managers from different successful companies. At the last session, attendees were being encouraged to ask questions to the speakers and I had questions. At first, I hesitated because I was nervous and my hands were shaking. Because just thinking of going to the front and ask questions to those influential speakers makes me want to go pee. But I did it. All I need was a little bit of encouragement and push to do it. Thanks, friends. That's another baby step, I'm so glad I did it. I don't want to sound like I'm top of myself, but I really am proud of myself. 

Getting a chance to talk to influential people will always be a privilege. I got to do that in the seminar. I got to talk to a founder who was really friendly and humble. He made me feel comfortable talking to him while he was wearing his fancy (must be expensive) suit. I got to talk to one of the committees of the event as well, he was one of those who encouraged me to go to the front and deliver my questions to the speakers. 

I know I'm that person that get quiet in front of new people, I always chose not to socialize. I don't call myself an introvert though because often times I love socializing but sometimes in person, in real life, in front of new people, I tend to shut my mouth and be awkward. I don't want to be that person in longest of time. 

Entirely, this seminar not just provided me extra knowledge but it made me motivated to strive more and believe that I can do anything, I can conquer my fears. All you need is a little bit of encouragement and faith in yourself. You can do what scares you, you can conquer your fears.

Here's to more fears to conquer!

8 comments

  1. Such a well written post! You really should be proud of yourself for the public speaking and talking to influential people! It's very brave of you to do things you're terrified of! xx

    LITAH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life begins outside of your comfort zone. Facing your fears, doing what scares you, is a great way to throw yourself headfirst into personal growth. Good job on public speaking and talking to influential people, and nailing it!

    Alyse (J.X.L.) ▲ Lumière & Lens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great post!
    Wish you a great day!
    hugs
    Dili
    New post: http://www.milanotime.net/my-shein-halloween-wishlist/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an interesting article! Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun article and truly inspiring xx http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2016/10/hot-bucket-in-city.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, you should be really proud of yourself! Talking in front of many people is really scary, I can't even ask a question in my lecture theatre with 150 people listening - it is getting easier though, mainly because more and more students watch the lectures from home haha. I don't mind talking to influential people because in the end, we are all just people, but I get nervous in interview situations. The conference you attended sounds really inspiring, as a student we can use all the tips we can get xx

    113thingstosay.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dream big or go home as they say! Well done for getting out of your comfort zone! x
    Clem | ravacholle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Do things that scare you." Simple yet very moving. I find this entry really inspiring. Thank you for sharing! I might level up my career because of this.

    Xeph Hipolito
    misadventures

    ReplyDelete