Powered by Blogger.

Last Minute Ramadan Prep

Good day! How's your weekend so far? Ramadan will arrive tomorrow or the next day, InshaAllah. And all Muslims are preparing and excited for this. Including me, of course. So here's a last minute Ramadan Prep for you, InshaAllah it will come to you as a beneficial blog post. For you who doesn't know what's Ramadan, then you have nothing to worry about, a fellow blogger Vildana, wrote a short informative post for you to understand the meaning of Ramadan. Meet the Ramadan.

"When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven 
are opened and the gates of hell are closed and the devils are chained."
{Bukhari}




Assalamu Alaykum, brothers and sister, today I'm going to list some little bits of preparation for you to do now, InshaAllah. And I hope you'll find them helpful.

Fiqh of Fasting in Ramadan:
There are rules and virtues when it comes to fasting. Alhamdulillah, there are lots of amazing scholars in the internet that helps you attain knowledge about fasting in Ramadan. There are also things that you can do in Ramadan which includes in Sunnah of Prophet Muhammad SAW. There are lots of videos of lectures in YouTube that are very helpful and informative. Some are three hours duration but there are short ones like 30 minutes to 1 hour. I know lots of people doesn't have the patience to watch long lecture videos unless you're really willing to watch it. But this two videos I watched was very helpful and informative and I thought I should share it because I know lots of Muslims out there need to watch these. InshaAllah.



Basic dua's for Ramadan:
Recently my mom asked me "Do you know how to recite the dua before breaking your fast in Ramadan?" and I answered her with "Uhm.. Bismillah.", then she laughed and taught me the basic dua's for Ramadan. She taught me and I wrote them down. But that didn't stop me from researching about the duas. Don't you worry, they are not long. Bu there are long duas that we can memorize during the month of Ramadan (if you haven't memorized them). IslamCan: Ramadan and Fasting Dua

PS: Don't memorize the dua of breaking the fast while you're on fast in Ramadan, because it'll break your fast literally.

Ramadan Planner
I've been wanting to do this Ramadan planner for a month now and I haven't done it since because I've been too busy with stuff and life. But I'm sure I'm going to work on this in Ramadan, InshaAllah. So, I came up with this idea of doing my own planner because I got inspired by this wonderful planner from Simply in Control.

I've been thinking of making a blog post for the update of my planner in upcoming days. Watch out for that.

Ramadan Legacy
Basically, Ramadan Legacy is an app for you to enjoy and organise your worship on the month of Ramadan. I'm inlove with this app, I used it last year but in the middle of Ramadan so I didn't quite achieve the other goals in it. It has Interactive Planner to track your days of fasted, prayers and Qur'an recitation and lots of amusing things to do. It also has a Legacy Board which is an elegant and dynamic visual representation of your annual Ramadan experience. There is also a Ramadan Reflections Live Stream where you can share your thoughts, stories and photos to your other Muslim brothers and sisters. They also include a Ramadan Content Feed which has inspiring blogs and videos to keep you motivated through out the month. And lastly, this is a new one, a Ramadan Journal which you can record your emotions and thoughts of daily basis so you can have deep conversation with your soul.

Now, you've got lots of reasons to download the app. Its free in Google Play and App Store. What are you waiting for? Download the app now.

YouTube Channels as Motivators
YouTube is one of the sites I visit the most because I love watching videos. I'm subscribed to some Islamic YouTube channels and I pretty love their videos because in some way, they boost my imaan and keep me motivated to do good deed and pray constantly. My favorite channels so far are The Daily Reminder and The Merciful Servant. I have this goal of watching all the videos of The Merciful Servant because their videos are amazing and informative.

I just want to add that my favorite nasheed at the moment is True Happiness by Wa'd Al Bashiri. I'm inlove with it. Please do listen to it, it doesn't matter if you're a muslim or non-muslim, the nasheed will keep you calm and relaxed.

Donate now at The Daily Reminder Network
At the moment, I can't donate even if I honestly and sincerely want to. And I thought that maybe someone out there will donate when I share this to all of you. Thank you for those who'll donate, take it as a good deed you did today.

Love, Fads

33 comments

  1. Assalamu Alaykum. First of all, thank you so much for mentioning me in this post sister! I'm so glad there are the bloggers who do the posts on these topics because I absolutely love to read them. Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I'm definitely going to download the app so it can help me through Ramadhan. I didn't really knew there was an app for this, I'm really positively surprised!
    Ramadhan Mubarak dear sister!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salam sister. You're welcome, you deserve it. Yeah! I also love reading these kind of topics. Have a great and righteous month, InshaAllah.

      Delete
  2. It's always nice to get to know more about different cultures. Thanks for sharing yours. I'm definitely checking out the link you provided. :)


    xoxo,
    Gelleesh.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Postagem maravilhosa amei os vídeos, tenha uma semana abençoada.
    Blog:http://arrasandonobatomvermelho.blogspot.com.br/
    Canal:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmO8csZDARM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post! Very beautiful photos! ♥

    xx OHIAMIHT BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so informative! I read Vildana's post few days ago about Ramadan and I feel like you girls taught me so much about it. I wish you a very good month! :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahw that's wonderful. Thank you, Leta.

      Delete
  6. I hope you understand Bahasa Melayu, as it is the main medium I converse with my Muslim friends where I live, Fads, but Selamat Berpuasa! Wishing you a safe month of Ramadhan.

    MAY | WWW.THEMAYDEN.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't understand but I sure want to learn. And I feel like what you said was Happy Ramadan. Thank you so much, May.

      Delete
  7. Ramadan Mubarak :) this is such a nice and informative post! I'm going to subscribing to those youtube channels and downloading Ramadan Legacy on my phone too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ramadan Mubarak! Thank you so much, Catalina. Have a great month, InshaAllah.

      Delete
  8. This was a great and informative post. I have lived with flatmates when I was in uni and they taught me write a bit about Ramadhan. I was raised with fasting from my parents so I understood a lot going in. Thanks and wish you a happy month. /Mads :)
    The SUperfoodie Fix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's wonderful, Mads. Thank you, you're so thoughtful.

      Delete
  9. Walaykumsalaam! Such a beneficial post, jazak'Allah khair for sharing!
    I agree, the Ramadan legacy app is amazing, I must redownload it ASAP. This year I also have been gifted a beautiful Ramadan Journal, which I am so excited to be using Alhamdulillah ^_^

    Iqra | The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, Iqra. That's great!

      Delete
  10. Such a lovely and informative post!
    http://yasminanicole.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy learning about other cultures and religions. Very informative! xoxo

    xoxo Rina
    www.andshedressed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Have an easy fast!! Many of my Muslim friends are also fasting and I know it is a trying time. <3
    xx Belle

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really informative post, thanks for sharing.
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Zubaida. Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  14. Thanks for sharing such a useful and informative post!

    Andreea
    http://couturezilla.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thanks for reading it.

      Delete
  15. Such an interesting read. I love reading about other cultures and learning more. Thank you for sharing! x

    VanessaVonJames | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ramadan Mubarak hun!! I really enjoyed reading this post as it was very different :) I love the month of Ramadan because the feeling you get is amazing. I love listening to talks on Youtube as they're very beneficial. I've just downloaded the app and I can't wait to start using it :)
    Lots of love,
    Ramsha | Rose
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so lovely! It’s interesting to realize how other walks of life constantly inspire me in my own journey-- thank you for this!

    --Lianne | LittleRedCanvas.com

    ReplyDelete