Powered by Blogger.

BonChon Chicken, Zamboanga



"Add delicious fried chicken to the things that's great about Koreans! 
BonChon serves up a variety of delicious fried chicken recipes the Korean way."

BonChon has opened up last month here in Zamboanga City. And finally I was able to crammed myself in the restaurant because believe me, the place can never have enough customers. BonChon is best known through their unique and sweet (not as sweet as lollipop by the way) fried chicken which people always go-to. Besides from their yummy and mouth-watering food to serve, they also offer very affordable prices just to satisfy your tummy.


Amina, Fhar, and I tried their dishes out and omo~ I've never tried this kind of chicken. Other fast food chain or restaurants actually has the same kind of cooking when it comes to their fried chicken, don't tell me you don't agree with me. So, it's time to try something new. Amina went for Crispy Shrimp Rice Box, Fhar got the Drumstick and Thigh Rice Box, and I went for a Chicken Sandwich for lunch.

I only got chicken sandwich which is not a normal meal for an Asian girl who lives her life eating rice, but with all honesty,  it made me so full and I was struggling eating my food. It was definitely huge for my small mouth but I'm proud to say that I actually ate the sandwich out (Well, Fhar took the last bite, but we can consider that, right?).

What I love about the branch of BonChon here in Zamboanga besides from their amazing interior, they don't serve pork. The menu was all chicken, beef, and sea food. So hello to all Muslims here in Zamboanga, why not try this lovely restaurant out without worrying about accidentally eating pork. 

There is this spreading post in Facebook that BonChon serves pork and warns Muslims to not eat in BonChon. I would like to clear this out, that other BonChon branch in the Philippines serves Ko-Dogs which is mixed with pork and chicken. But BonChon Zamboanga doesn't serve Ko-Dogs. In all, BonChon Zamboanga doesn't serve pork, and this information came up from the manager of the restaurant himself, Martin Joss Salvador.

I'm definitely going back, maybe after Ramadhan, because I need to try the Calamari! And I hope you enjoyed this another food blog post. Happy eating!

Love, Fads

41 comments

  1. I tried BonChon chicken for the first time in January while I was in Bangkok and fell in love - SO good!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! Wish I had something like that around me -Hanna Lei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahw I hope so, because BonChon is really good.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a lovely place to catch a meal! I love how inviting the food looks :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank goodness they don't serve pork! Yay! I'd love to go check it out, I just wanna go OM NOM NOM NOM.

    xx Bash |   go say   H E Y   B A S H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayyy! Who doesn't want to go om nom nom if the food has no pork? NONE! Haha.

      Delete
  5. looks yummy!
    xoxo
    Patinka
    www.patinkasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks yummy!
    xoxo
    Patinka
    www.patinkasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't just looks yummy, it's really yummy.

      Delete
  7. In marketing, business people think of their consumers/buyers and since Zamboanga is a place which is the majority of the people are Muslims if I am not mistaken so they have to remove pork from their menus. I haven't tried the resto yet so I don't know if they really serve pork or not but by your words make me want to try the place for sure. How much did you pay for your food?

    Augustin Ra | Indie Spirit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but most of the restaurants here has pork so we Muslims struggle when it comes to searching a restaurant to eat at. You have to try BonChon, girl. 135 pesos per meal and with drinks, it's 155 pesos.

      Delete
  8. Cool post dear! Looks like a really great place! Thanks for sharing!x

    Vildana from Living Like V & Stalia Is BAE

    ReplyDelete
  9. In Malaysia usually places such as this, a fast food restaurant doesn't serve pork and if they do then there's a huge 'non-halal' sign to make it clear to customers. Is it not the same in the Philippines?

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to go to Malaysia and just eat. It's not the same here in the Philippines, basically Philippines is the only Christian country in Asia so apparently most of the restaurants here has pork. And it's pure struggle for us Muslims. *sad face* But thank goodness, there are still restaurants that doesn't serve pork, such as BonChon.

      Delete
  10. Yum! It all looks so good! I think I would definitely try the shrimp with rice dish :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaah! You should try that dish, it's delish. That rhymed!

      Delete
  11. I love, love, love Bonchon's sweet chicken! It works perfectly with tomato ketchup as well, hehe. Now that I think about it, I don't think Bonchon serves pork... I was thinking if there was pork in their chapchae but I don't think so. Glad you cleared that one up!

    Love, Richel. | Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yayy! Yummy right! Omg are you sure? I need to try chapchae. Oh that was according to the manager, haha.

      Delete
  12. The prawns look amazing

    Take care doll! Oh, I'm hosting a giveaway, I'd love if you entered!
    BLOG | TAISLANY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a comfy and great place to eat...Great post dear! Thanks for sharing!xoxo, Neha

    http://www.theinstylejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I saw the word chicken and knew I had to read this! The food all looked so tasty - much better than KFC!

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, chicken! Better than KFC but I love eating at KFC as well.

      Delete
  15. Yumm, those fries look delish!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. the food looks yummy!!!!

    http://www.crazyaboutcolors.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that looks so good, thanks for sharing! Loving your blog, please do stop by mine if you get the chance, I love seeing new faces on it! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Adele. I will, don't you worry.

      Delete
  18. Daam looks delicious
    wish I could try that. If only it was here in London
    xxx
    Winnie
    Website: http://itsjustwinnie.blogspot.co.uk/
    instagram:@itsjustwinnie1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahw I hope you have it there in London. So you could try it out!

      Delete
  19. I love Bonchon too, still remember the first time my Boy friend ask me to have lunch there but I refused...Until then I tried it and til now its a fav for lunch lol

    Lily Widjaja


    ReplyDelete

  20. Love your blog and I am a new follower on GFC :)
    Maybe we can follow each other?
    Let me know!
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  21. BonChon Chicken here in New York is delicious as well! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    Best,
    Christina

    Looks by Lau

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bonchon as well as KFC here in zambo are both having an all-chicken foodstuffs in their menu but how about the oil and breading used?are the chicken used halal?So Muslims must make sure of these smallest details because it is included in the whole concept of consideration whether the food is halal or not....it does not mean though that if it. Is chicken it is already halal....

    ReplyDelete