Powered by Blogger.

February Faves 2016


Happy Friday! Good bye February, hello March!

It's the end of the month again which means another monthly faves blogpost. February was not my month though, I don't know why but most of the days, I was feeling a little bit upset. But thankfully, the last week were great because I'm forcing myself to feel good and think positive. I can't stay curled up my whole life, right. So I'm hoping for a better and positive month this March.

♦  T V  S E R I E S  

  Teen Wolf (Season 5)
Teen Wolf's impact this season is like a bomb - loud and intense. The creators go beyond the viewer's imagination. I believe the most appealing plot from this season is the evolution of McCall's pack; True Alpha, Kitsune/Fox, Beta, Koyote, Banshee, and Human. They're all different hybrids which makes the pack stronger and blended well together.

I personally love Kira's character, the way she deals with her inner evil kitsune soul with innocence and bravery. Spectacular. But let's not forget the outstanding Lydia, the Banshee, I mean all I can say is hands down. Her scenes are perfect and well written. I don't know what to say any more.

I actually missed like five episodes. But when I watched them continously, I just don't want it to end. I'm all like, "What?! That's it?! Next episode please!", but unfortuanately I have to wait for another week for the next episode.

  On The Wings of Love (in the Philippines)
This TV show has recently ended this February. Before it ended, the two leading cast, James Reid and Nadine Lustre finally admitted that they're officially a couple. Throughout those 6 months of taping together, the emotions of one another has eventually bloom. And with the couple's impressive bravery, they announced to everyone that they're dating each other which made the fans go crazy happy and crazy kilig.

I've been watching this show since the very beginning, but on the middle, I just lose interest because I wasn't able to see the spark from the tandem. Until the last three weeks, I've noticed the way they look at each other and their body language, by that time I knew there's something special going on between the both of them and there is finally a spark which made me want to watch the show again even more.

Why OTWOL was loved by everybody? Because it's not a typical Filipino TV show. Most of the telenovela here in the Philippines are predictable and heavy. But OTWOL gave us a simple and light show with heartwarming appeal. What I love the most was they bring out the best of everything from the show - the characters, locations, and scenes. Everything was directed with perfection.

Let's talk about the Finale. It was legendary, indeed. They aired the last episode all over the world via TFC, so everyone could watch the same time as it was aired here in the Philippines. They produce a viewing party for the fans with the whole cast and it came out as a big surprise because they aired it live as well. I mean, this is something that hasn't been done in national television. So, hands down to the OTWOL team - from producers to the whole cast. Congratulations for the successful end!

♦  M O V I E S  

→  Good Dinasour
A friend of mine, Dido, recommended this movie because according to him, the movie gives every watcher a great lesson. Since I haven't had anything in mind of a movie to watch, I considered his recommendation. And for that, I agree that I can get great lesson from this movie. 


What I love about this movie is they teaches everyone that our own fear can help us grow and be stronger. "Sometimes you have to face your fear to see the beauty of the other side.

Good Dinasour is produced by Disney and Pixar, and I believe these both producers never go wrong with their movies and if they do, I don't care. I highly recommend this movie because I loved it, and my mom loved it. My mom usually doesn't watch movies, but she loved this. Take the advice from my mom, she knows best. 


♦  M U S I C 

 Indie Current

Late of February, I found out this wonderful channel in YouTube. Basically they share different indie songs which is amazing because I'm being nosy and trying to discover different indie songs. So, this channel has helped me a lot in finding out new indie songs.

The reason why I wanted to enter the indie world beside from being nosy is because one time I played the whole album of Bastille during my "work" and it made me feel nostalgic and gave me so much feels. So far, indie songs are marvelous.

 Zayn Malik
I'm sure it's Zayn Malik's year this year. He recently released Pillowtalk (Jan 31) and It's you this February and he nailed his songs. His voice is outstandingly angelic. He actually is my favorite from One Direction because I can see his powerful potential in the band. It honestly made me sad that he quit One Direction but I personally believe it was the right choice not because he doesn't deserve to be in that band but because every member of One Direction has their own potential and so is Zayn Malik. 

After all, One Direction proved that they can still be on top without Zayn which is magnificent. And Zayn Malik can and will put himself on top without One Direction. It's a tie. I'm still a big fan of these artists. But this year is Zayn's moment. I'm so proud of him. I'm a solid fan through thick and thin. 

♦  Y O U T U B E R / V L O G G E R  

→  Clothes Encounters a.k.a Jenn Im
Jenn Im is a Korean fashion-beauty-lifestyle vlogger in YouTube but as referring to her channel name, she's more on fashion. I love her sense of style and personality, no wonder she got the best boyfriend ever, Ben. And she's so adorable that's why she captured the heart of her subscribers.

♦  I N S T A G R A M M E R  

 Sofia Andres (@iamsofiaandres) Sofia Andres is a local Filipino celebrity who shares her passion in fashion and art in Instagram, Her Instagram feed is so fresh and sweet. She's so so pretty and jolly as well. And, otp alert, ahem, Diego Loyzaga. *winks*

♦  B E A U T Y  

Since I don't wear make up like anybody else, I'm still a girl that wash her face with a facial cleanser. So this February, I changed Cetaphil cleanser to this product again because Cetaphil isn't giving me the best solution any more, which made me sad because I never had the chance to empty the bottle. But anyway, I'm happy and satisfied with my facial wash now. Actually I already used this before and I'm using it again because I'm hiyang with this product.


What are your February favorites from these categories?

Love, Fads 

51 comments

  1. The post is fantastic! I love it so much:)
    Have a wonderful day!

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we talk about how good teen wolf is? Next tuesday is the last episode for season 5 and I don't want it to end, it's so so catchy! haha

    www.blossomikebana.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And how Allison showed up again as the killer of the beast in ancient times? Awesome right?

      Delete
  3. Everyone's going gaga over On the wings of love :) I'm happy that Nadine and James are officially a couple now :)

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. I'm so happy for them too!

      Delete
  4. love teen wolf it's amazing
    aminaayub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heard a lot about OTWOL! I'll try to watch it via TFC. Currently, I'm loving Dolce Amore! ;)

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! Go check it out. Me too, I love Tenten, he's so cute and let's talk about how beautiful Serena is, right? I'm jelly.

      Delete
  6. What a great roundup! Lots of these things were definitely new to me, so I am going to have to check these links out!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, you should check it out.

      Delete
  7. Jenn has been my favourite youtuber since the beginning of time XD I'll go check your music favourites now :)
    Jessie | Bear and Berries | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? You must be such a solid viewer. Good, you'll love them.

      Delete
  8. This was such fun to read. I just started watching Zayn Malik's new music video. Pretty interesting. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  9. Checking out Indie Current! And yay, OTWOL! I feel sad that it's over though. Hehe T_T

    xx jhanzey.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Go check it out. I know right, if we could only ask for an extend and will be granted right?

      Delete
  10. Teen Wolf is my favorite tv show from this month, hands down. I love the way this season was produced and how the plot goes. Lydia is amazing! Like you said, her scenes are written perfectly. My another favorite from the month is When In Rome movie. I recently saw it for the first time and I can't help it but love it :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love When In Rome too! Such a beautiful movie.

      Delete
  11. Oh my! James Reid and Nadine! Those 2 are my favorite! I love how honest they are about their feelings, it can be seen on screen. Such lovely couples! I love your february Favorites! Lovely post dear!

    xx
    Rica | www.sassycebuannachic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you must be a JaDine fan. I couldn't agree with you more.
      Thank you, Rica.

      Delete
  12. I had a week in February when I felt sad for no reason almost every evening, and it was really hard to bring myself to do work, so I'd just try to sleep earlier and wake up earlier, and do my work in the morning. I hope March brings you more joy! // I don't remember if I watched any further than season 1 of Teen Wolf. Dylan O'Brien <3 Ooh, thanks for sharing Indie Current! I haven't heard of that YouTube channel before -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for better days this month for all of us. Season 1, to be honest, was boring but I just continued watching it and saw the show evolving into intensely amazing. Haha, I love Dylan O'Brien. You're welcome.

      Delete
  13. I've heard a lot bout teen Wolf would check it out one golf these days.
    Love pillow talk, it's a nice song.
    Great post
    Itsdivadiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should check it out. I know right, Zayn nailed the song.

      Delete
  14. Great post love it x
    Shanel
    http://babblingonbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great favorites! I love how you listed absolutely everything you were loving!

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Jenn Im too! I've been watching her videos for years now.

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahw, I've only recently watch her and I can't hide how much I love her.

      Delete
  17. love this post, thanks for sharing! I think your blog is lovely, let me know if you would like to follow each other!

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard so many good things about the Good Dinosaur! I want to watch it...

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great roundup Fads! It seems like you've had a wonderful month of February!;)
    Thanks for sharing!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooooh Jenn Im is such an inspirational person isn't she!
    Loved this entry :)

    www.elizabethangelia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great post, dear! Lovely blog.

    www.nomoretulips.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. omg, yes to OTWOL!!! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Jenn Im too! She's so amazing and beautiful :')

    ♥ Nana's Notebook

    ReplyDelete