Powered by Blogger.

Personal Goals in 2016

A new year is an event we celebrate annually and it reminds us that we can start over again, we can do better, and be better. We've got fresh opportunities, chances, and experiences ahead of us. All we have to do is do something, make a change, not only for the people that surrounds us but especially for ourselves. This is what we call now.
You're right, I'm calling it goals not resolutions, because apparently we tend to skip resolutions because it's too mainstream and we already trained our minds that resolutions never work (although for some people, it does), but we prioritize our goals more. Am I right? Heck yes. So I've decided to list down my major goals for this year. I'm not going to hope it'll happen, but I will assure myself that I will do it because I can do it. This year is going to be great, because I'm going to make it. That's the spirit!

Positive Thinking
I've been talking non-stop about this last year, been focusing on seeing the bright side, and telling myself that "everything happens for a reason, you just have to be positive about it" and giving less care to bullshits. The result is.. I've never felt so positive in my entire existence. Although there are bad days, I always push myself to think more positively or just wait to end the day then start another beautiful day after. 
This year, I want to encourage more people and of course myself that as long as you change your mindset into positivity, your life will change. The key to happiness is thinking positively. I want to think more positive and just enjoy life like we should always do. This year, I will always make the most of the day, and always make it a positive beautiful day, as much as I can.

Be kind
There were days where I become so bitchy without any reason (well technically there is but I don't quite consider it sometimes), like being all "do you think I care?" with matching bitch face. I'm sorry guys, I'm not perfect. We've got those days. This year, I want to be real careful on the stuff I say, and think five times before saying anything. Just simply watch my mouth. Also this year, I want to do good deeds often and help people (I'm the laziest sloth in this world) and I will try my best of best to do these as much as I can.

Learn more about Islam
I'm a proud Muslim. I know things about Islam, but I want to learn more. I feel like, I'm not even halfway through. Many people think that being a Muslim is like being a prisoner because we've got lots of rules and prohibitions, but you're wrong, we are free as ever. As long as we're happy and we believe, there's nothing in this world that can tear us down. This year, I will fill myself with learnings about Islam and develop my spiritual faith. And physically as well which we come to the next goal.

Wear modesty clothes
I used to love experimenting clothes, especially when I was in highschool where I wasn't wearing hijab, those clothes I wore were fitted or small or kinda see through but not too visually exposed (because my mom's gonna kill me). And when I'm already in college, I just cut off my passion in fashion because I don't really know how to experiment clothes in modest way, and couldn't find clothes that I can possibly experiment with in this city. Also, there are a lot of judgmental eyes (ex: realatives) around me, so I have to be careful. 
This year, I want to alter my wardrobe into modesty. Like maxi skirts, long dresses, abayas, of course in modern pieces. I want to get at the top of guts this year, and try experimenting more of my clothes.

Eat Vegetables & Eat Clean
Since I was a little kid, vegetables are my enemies, I hate them. But lately, I've been trying to motivate myself to start eating lots of vegetables because I need to be healthy. I need to be healthy because apparently most of my relatives or loved ones are getting sick due to not eating healthy food, and I don't want to be severely sick before deciding to be healthy. So yes, I've been eating vegetables but not always because I want to start slowly, at least I'm starting to, right? That's what's important.
This year, I want to eat vegetables and love it. Yas!

Exercise
Of course, if you want a healthy lifestyle, it's just two step: Eat clean and exercise. Later this year, I'm loving exercise and getting messy sweaty. It's really hard in the beginning, but after that, it actually feels so good and relieved after I workout. Exercising is one of my routine that honestly helps brighten my day. This year, I'm hoping that of course I'll be doing more of that, and become healthier. And I've read somewhere that it's 80% diet and 20% exercise to achieve a 100% of healthy lifestyle.

29 comments

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome, I hope you enjoyed it. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  2. Positive thinking is definitely something that's part of my resolutions. I wish you all the best with your resolutions, Fads! Happy New Year!

    May | THE MAYDEN | Bloglovin'

    Moved to: http://www.themayden.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It should be our top priority. Thank you May. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post! Maybe we could follow each other on GFC? If yes, follow me and I follow back as soon as I see it.
    Let me know with a comment on my Blog

    http://facetiouslywind.blogspot.com/

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Positive thinking deserves more credit : it is amazing to help you go through really difficult times !

    xx

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2016! that notebook is adorable btw and positive thinking is at the top of my list also!x

    AimeeSueXO
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you, Aimee! Of course you should.

      Delete
  6. Great goals - have a lovely 2016!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Assalamualaikum. Just discovered your blog and you have a beautiful layout! Best of luck for your 2016 goals! Heheh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Assalamualaykum sis. Thank you! Best of 2016 to you as well.

      Delete
  8. Really great goals to work towards in 2016. I'm all for positive thinking. I tend to focus on the negative at times, and I want to work harder at looking at the glass half full approach. Have an amazing 2016! Make it the best you can, and don't sweat the small stuff.

    Michelle | sunshinegold

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really great goals to work towards in 2016. I'm all for positive thinking. I tend to focus on the negative at times, and I want to work harder at looking at the glass half full approach. Have an amazing 2016! Make it the best you can, and don't sweat the small stuff.

    Michelle | sunshinegold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yas! I have to agree with you, I hope for you to have a positive 2016. Thank you Michelle!

      Delete
  10. Lovely goals! I wish you all the best for 2016 :-)

    <3: Jasmin N | Little Things With Jassy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great goals :) I agree, when you call them New Years resolutions, they get forgotten too easily, or set aside. Hope all your dreams come true this year :)
    Project NW | Olive Contemporary Clothing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just the best with your goals this year! Positive thinking is the key to happiness and I will always believe and preach it because this is what lead me to more happier and stress-free life I live now.
    Being kind is the best goal the person can think of, applaud you for that. And good luck with getting knto healthier lifestyle, the body of yours will thank you in the future :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great resolutions for yourself!

    www.blushingkay.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm trying to be healthy this 2016, too. More exercise and healthy food. Here's to accomplishing our goals!

    Love, Richel. | Richel Goes Places

    ReplyDelete